Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dinner with a Cause Postponed....in Hopes to Make a Bigger Impact, Please Consider Participating

The "Dinner with a Cause" in honor of a child waiting for their Forever Family that I wrote about in the previous post was postponed due to it being a very busy time of year for everyone, us included, so it was decided to wait so we could have a bigger turn out for a bigger impact for a little waiting Reece's Rainbow orphan ....but actually postponing allows me time to get my little experiment in motion. The more I thought about it, the more I began to think about HOW GREAT it would be if several different dinners were happening around the same time, or on the same night, to raise money for the same child in hopes to get them home with their family as quickly as possible....we could double, triple, or quadruple our efforts all while having an amazing time with friends. Here is the deal,
  • Invite friends to your home for "Dinner with a Cause", in this case our cause will be a waiting Reece's Rainbow Child.
  • You can decide whether to have it catered, host prepares meal, or pot luck style
  • Decide on a a suggested donation, we usually say $35 per person for suggested donation, but that is up to you.
  • Dedicate a portion of your evening to sharing with your guests about Reece's Rainbow and the need to get these children out of these orphanages before being institutionalized. (I am planning to share a video/documentary that I found on You Tube....and hook it to the TV, I also thought of having the Gifts video (see below) playing throughout the evening as others were mingling)....I will send these resources over to you so you can do the same.
  • The donations will go directly to the child's fund and are 100% tax deductible
  • Leave me a message here on my blog or email me to let me know you would like to participate by hosting a party. We will finalize details off line. tlcforeman@verizon.net
If you like this idea...please feel free to blog about it and link it back here so we can get as many people involved as possible.

**You will want to pause my music at the bottom of the blog before viewing the video.



<span class=

No comments: