Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breakfast Date with Blogging Friends

Two years ago I started this blog as a result of being inspired by Down syndrome blogs I found on the Gifts website. Every spare moment I had I would hop back onto that site to see if anyone had posted anything new and I began to develop favorites and then quite quickly actually started to become attached to kiddos... and their moms... and their families who share this extra chromosome...two of those blogs I found at that time were Three's a Charm and Finnian's Journey......and as my fabulous fortune would have it I got to meet the moms behind these amazing blogs this morning. We met for breakfast at Downtown Disney and honestly it was like sitting with old dear friends!

The kids seemed rather fond of each other too and were so well behaved... just look at these cutie pie guys!

Joaquin is so sweet! Both he and Reid were a little frightened by the animal sounds at Rainforest Cafe...which meant they both snuggled in to their mommas which meant no squiggles and wiggles, it was perfect....maybe I should always restaurant where there are sudden rants of jungle animal sounds and flickering lights! ...worked like a charm!! ;)

Oh little Sofia....I could go on and on about this squishable, huggable, loveable, adorable little love bug! Seriously....she was so huggable. She went right to me and even though she has these darling little pudge rolls she is still just so little-little. I had to hold her out front of me, legs dangling for a minute, just to drink her in...all smiles and waves she is!! If you are not familiar with Sofia's adoption story you can read that here...

And then little Finn....Reid has decided they are going to be good buddies, he was stuck like glue to Finn and kept patting his leg and getting close to him, even hugging him, pictured below, when Finn was trying to crawl around.

As Finn was crawling around the other two boys decided that looked like fun which resulted in them all crawling!

And these next pictures make me smile...as we all know it is hard enough to get one child to smile and cooperate with the picture taking but to get 4 kiddos was, well...comical especially when we had 3 different cameras going! Jennifer and Lisa I hope you don't mind me posting these but I love these pictures below because it is such a snapshot of this precious chapter of parenting...illustrated by kids slipping off of hips, pointing to the camera so our wee one will look, hair out of place and giggles because try as we might it just wasn't going to work to get the perfect shot ;)

I love that Reid and Finn are having their own little side conversation here!

...and then there is this shot that I am going to lovingly call "Charlie's Angels" except that one of the angels decided to look at the wrong camera! I laughed out loud when I first saw this one! ;)


Jennifer and Lisa....so glad it worked out today for us to finally meet...and Hector thank you for indulging us and giving us a few hours of your vacation, so good to meet you as well!!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Looking Up said...

I follow Saving Sofia & Finnian's Journey as well. Can't believe how great little Sofia looks! So great that you all got to meet. Looks like the kids had a blast. :)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

so fun! that is wonderful that you were all able to meet in person - and at disneyland, no less :) love the pictures!!!

Heather said...

Darling.The kids and the 3 of you!

Denise said...

I told you the Sanchez family was awesome!! Could you not just hang with them always!! When we were together, Joaquin was the big boy, doing all the walking around. But with you guys, Reid definitely runs the gang. I am so glad that you guys got to see Sofia. Doesn't she truly just melt your heart! I already miss her!! Wish we could have met up with you guys too as it sounds like you had a good amount of time together. Btw...I love the Charlie's Angels picture!

Lacey said...

Again, I'm so jealous! I love Sofia's blog, because it reminds me a lot of our adoption. They are almost the same age! How fun!

The Sanchez Family said...

SO wonderful to meet you Cheri! You and Reid are even more adorable in person! Such a treat to spend the morning with you and Lisa and the kids. THANK YOU again for organizing it all for us!!!! xo

Lisa said...

You did much more justice to our wonderful visit than I did, Cheri! Thanks for a wonderful post. I felt so honored to get to meet you and Jen and the kids, and you're right, it was like sitting down with old friends. I hope we can do it again sometime! You have my contact info, please get in touch when you're in my neck of the woods!

Kelly said...

Yay for another bloggy play date!! How nice that you all got to meet. Look at all that cuteness!!

Cory said...

I was so jealous to see that you all got to meet. :-) But of course happy for you too. I have been following all of your blog's as well, and they keep me smiling! With each one I love that everyday life is what is going on with Ds mixed in, and not having life be devistated by that little designer gene. I have such a love for our kiddo's, and can't help but fall for each new little person I meet who also happens to have Ds.Thanks for sharing!

Monica Crumley said...

You gals look fabulous and Sofia is adorable with all those boys. So glad you got to meet. One day it'll be our turn :-)

jenhiatt said...

Love it!!! I wish we were able to get down there more. I think Zach needs a little Luke time :) And maybe Hannah and Reid can start a little love affair of their own.

Lizzy said...

Thank you for finding my blog so I could find yours! I love the pictures of your Reid. Your family is beautiful and I love the way you blog. :) Liz - Mom to Ella: http://raisingellalynn.blogspot.com

Lizzy said...

Thank you for finding my blog so I could find yours! I love the pictures of your Reid. Your family is beautiful and I love the way you blog. :) Liz - Mom to Ella: http://raisingellalynn.blogspot.com

patsy said...

Reid is such a cutie! I found your blog through the Sanchez family and look forward to following you. We welcomed our 3rd baby girl who was also born with an extra chromosome on May 17, 2009 and she is the light of our life! Our blog is www.missmaggierae.blogspot.com--hope you can stop by!

patsy said...

Reid is such a cutie! I found your blog through the Sanchez family. We welcomed our 3rd girl born May 17th, 2009 also blessed with an extra chromosome. We look forward to following your family and maybe you can hope over and see Miss Maggie at www.missmaggierae.blogspot.com---Your trip looked like so much fun!

Melissa said...

What an awesome meeting!! I hope to get to meet some blogging friends soon.