Monday, July 6, 2009

10 Years Ago...

This week Toby and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary! It is hard to believe in many ways. Such a sweet time in ones life when you embark on marriage and begin a journey...and begin a new family, not knowing what is ahead of you on the road but so glad to be walking it together. I clearly remember an older gentleman whom we met one day on our honeymoon ask us how long we've been married. When I replied with , "2 days", he shouted out to his wife who was a few feet from us..."Sylvia! Sylvia!... they've only been married 2 days!"...and she came over and hugged both of us. I crack up thinking about it...they must have been married at least 40 plus years so to hear 2 days must have made her impulsively reach out and grab us as if to say..."hold on dearies, it's a wild ride!!". It has been a wild ride...sometimes, but so worth it.

Toby and I were married in the church in the pictures, on July 10th, 1999. We took the boys there a few months ago to show them where our story, their story, started. The summer before we were married I had spent some time in England, Paris, and Ireland. The church we were married in reminded me of the many beautiful churches I saw on that trip... so once I saw it I knew that was where I wanted to be married.

So much has happened in the last 10 years and when I look to the next 10, so much life will be experienced for our boys. Luke will be graduating high school and Reid will be starting junior high. I can't imagine that, yet at the same time know that if the next 10 years go as quickly as the first I want to hold on tight and enjoy every season, every peak, every valley, and every moment with my little family that I love so dearly! Happy Anniversary Toby!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Kele said...

Beautiful church, but an even more beautiful, is this post. Cheri, such lovely words describing the past 10 years and the next 10!
Happy Anniversary you guys!

Heidi said...

What an amazing church! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Junior said...

Congrats, Happy Anniversary

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary Cheri and Toby.you should be so proud of yourselves.The life you have built is indeed beautiful and the future is truly full of promise.Mr.Reid is getting so big ... not a baby but such a big boy.Time does go fast.I can attest to that.In a blink of an eye those graduations will come but just think of the magical things that await you along the way.Enjoy your day.Embrace each other.

Bethany said...

Happy anniversary! We are celebrating 10 years in November!

Nan P. said...

I roo want to add my congratulations to you both.

You are right to say you want to enjoy every aspect of the next ten years: it does go OH! so quickly!

Monica Crumley said...

What a beautiful church. Happy 10th Anniversary! We're celebrating 15 this month. Hurray!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!

The Sanchez Family said...

Celebrate! You have a wonderful and blessed life!

The Lehnick Family said...

We share the same exact anniversary! July 10, 1999...came across your blog...your boys are adorable...we have 3 children, youngest with DS...would love to add you to my blog roll....

Maggie said...

Congratulations to both of you! That's quite the accomplishment :) I'm new to your blog and am looking forward to reading more about your adventures as a family.