Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blog Makeover/ Under Construction

Well, it has been a few days since I accidentally deleted my airplane background, I've mourned it, and have now decided to move on. I have decided that I am ready for a blog makeover though I don't know exactly what the end result will look like but I am playing around with a few ideas in my head... the end result will not come any time in the near, near future so in the mean time I am keeping the header I downloaded even though it doesn't say Raising Reid and His Big Brother Luke...

and this is why...

As I searched for different backgrounds and tried them on my blog to see how they look I must have changed my mind a dozen times... it was getting late and I was getting tired and decided to try one last one...the one you see on my blog now. I did not really pay attention to the title of the heading, I just thought it was cute, but as I was about to shut down my computer for the night I noticed the words..."The Best is Yet to Be" and my eyes filled with water.  Those that know us well know that the last year and a half have been a very trying time for us as we have tried to navigate our way through some circumstances, actually having nothing to do with Down syndrome or heart surgeries. There have been times I have grown weary of the circumstances but in the end the only response that made any sense to us was and still is to be patient as we make our way...The words "The Best is Yet to Be" made me stop, take a deep breath ... and reminded me to stay the course, to keep believing...and so the title stays until I can get the other one made that will again say "Raising Reid and his Big Brother...Luke".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new title...fits perfectly. I am not sure of all the details of what you guys have faced, but your post was inspiring and true...the best is yet to be and we need to always stay looking forward, having faith and hoping for a better tomorrow! Hope all is well with your cute little boys!

Heather said...

You could always incorporate 'The Best is yet to be"in with the next header.Just an idea ... love to my Long Beach friends.

Nan P. said...

After the last 6 weeks we have gone through, I do like to think that the best is yet to be... It HAS to be!

Nice one!