Friday, October 22, 2010

31 for T21: More Alike Than Different


A CHOCOHOLIC!!!!!!!!

I have read in many books and been told on more than one occasion to, "Remember that your child with Down syndrome will be more like you, and your family, than different"...How is this for "Like me"??? A chocolate addict after my own heart. Reid, you and Mommy are going to have lots of fun!

The entry above was from my "archives" and was actually the 3rd post I ever wrote...back in August of 2008. Awww, he's changed so much. He can even say chocolate now though it sounds more like chockitts.

In the vain of more alike than different I wanted to share our last year's entry in the National Down Syndrome Congress' More Alike Than Different campaign... I had actually forgotten we had even submitted it until we recently received our poster.

Hmnn, I'm having a hard time getting the image bigger but the poster says...

Who Loves to Read More, You or Me?

My name is Reid and I love..... to read! I love big books, little books, train books, truck books, pop up books, and especially.......giggle until you fall over books!


Yup, that's pretty much him!

Kids with Down syndrome are indeed more alike than different...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mel said...

He's such a handsome guy. Look out girls!

Michelle said...

Yummy! Are they sending posters to everyone who submitted one? I didn't realize they were doing that, I haven't received mine yet, sure hope it's in the mail though! Your poster came out great!

Nan P. said...

Cathal loves books too, just like his mammy and daddy and uncle,... and me! ;-)

So yes, more alike than different¬