Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day......."Mr. Incredible"


Happy Fathers Day Toby! July 26, 2001 you became a dad for the first time... a new role that you were absolutely made for...and might I say made me fall in love with you all over again just by watching you love and care for our new little baby and then again when Reid was born 5 years later....a day we will never forget, yet you handled with such absolute love and acceptance! Our boys could not ask for a more loving, patient, involved, fun, and dedicated dad! Luke got it right when he called you "Mr. Incredible"! We love you!!

** Just before school got out Luke was to pick a special person to write about for "Special Persons Day" at school and invite them to class to hear him read his essay...Luke picked his dad, who with all his might feels his dad is nothing short of incredible, I'd have to agree.

Mr. Incredible

   Hi, do you want to know who my special person is? You do? That's great! Well, this person has blue eyes and brown hair. He makes me smile when I'm down in the dumps. This person is always there when I need him. He is my incredible dad, Toby Foreman.
   Bam! The ball goes in the hole. "Nice shot dad. You are an incredible golfer." My dad can do all kinds of things. He is especially good at roasting coffee. Every time my dad comes back from a trip he spoils me with a gift. For example, today he came back from Hawaii and he brought me a shark tooth necklace and a hat. My dad is a smart and caring person. He teaches me stuff like what coagulate means and what the centrifugal force is. He makes me laugh everyday.
   Dad, I am glad that I am your son. I am also glad that you are a part of my family. I love you!

Love,
Luke Foreman


I need to comment on this last picture...it was taken during Luke's "Scooby Doo" Birthday party. We created a real mystery for the kids to solve...the Birthday Bandit was on the loose and had stolen all the birthday presents. The kids followed clues to find the culprit...who was Toby. In this picture he is reciting a script I had given to him the night before...and yes I am not beyond writing out scripts for parties...at least this one, the theme just screamed for one (LOL)! :)
Photobucket

9 comments:

Junior said...

Oh that paper by Luke is so sweet.
Happy Father's Day

Ria said...

Luke is so sweet! Happy Father's Day!

Michelle said...

Aawww...Luke did an awsome job on his paper - so sweet!

Heidi said...

What a great Dad!! I just love Luke's letter about his Dad - so cute!

Heather said...

Love all the pictures Cheri.And Luke's little paper ... too precious.By the way ... got lost in Long Beach on Saturday.Mark decided to take a "short cut" around traffic.Didn't quite end up that way!I almost said "Drop me at Cheri's"!We really do need to get together,soon.Let's not just say it,let's do it.

Kele said...

LOVE the post! You have such GREAT pics of he and the boys, some are absolutely priceless... like the one with them on the baseball field standing the same!!!
You are one very lucky lady Cheri, you can't read that post, look at the pictures, and not get chills knowing your life is so incredibly blessed!
p.s. I sure would like to hear or read that 'Scooby' script!! LOL

Cheri said...

Kele...this is how pathetic I am...I DO still have the script, it is saved in Luke's treasure chest...typed no less on paper with little dog paw prints on it :). What am I going to do when my boys grow up and won't let me do these fun things anymore?!? :)

Unknown said...

It is truly something to see Father's with their sons. Your pictures are wonderful, perfect! Hope he had the best Father's Day! What a sweet boy Luke! Well done buddy!

jenhiatt said...

What a great post! I loved Luke's letter. And the last picture :)